Physical Therapy Falls Short
Statistically 50% of all athletes who have ACL surgery never return to their pre-surgery level of performance. Whether you are an athlete or not, the reason for this should interest you, because there will probably come the day when you are referred for Physical Therapy and you should understand where and why it falls short.
Physical Therapy, like most Modern Western Medicine, is great at addressing symptoms, but never addresses the underlying root cause of the symptom. Symptoms can be:
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Lack of Mobility
- And even the injury itself
Physical Therapy, along with most pain management techniques such as pain killers, muscle relaxers, steroid injections, TENS units, and massages never addresses the Neurological Component which is the ultimate underlying issue.
Everybody has heard of the Mind-Body connection. This connection is controlled by the Nervous System. When the body has an injury the surrounding muscles are sent into a protective compensation in order to allow the body to heal. Doing so, the Nervous System works around the injured area creating a neurological-disconnect and leading to compensation patterns.
Injuries can occur in a variety of ways; car accidents, sports, over-use, incorrect repetitive movements, or even the result of accumulated inflammation and scar tissue.
The result of a Neurological-Disconnect is a compensation pattern, which is the body’s way of rewriting the script to bring other muscles in to do the work of the disconnected muscles. No amount of exercise (Physical Therapy) will reconnect these disconnected muscles. In fact, it just continues to reinforce the compensation patterns. Reinforcing these compensation patterns over time can and will create the following:
- Compensating muscles aren’t intended to function that way and can become overworked or fatigue easily
- Since the disconnected muscles are no longer working, they will atrophy and no longer absorb force adequately
- When muscles are no longer able to absorb force adequately, the force will be absorbed in other areas not intended to absorb the force. Areas including bones, tendons, ligaments, discs and vital organs.
- Absorbing force in untended areas over time will lead to injury, pain, and eventually surgery.
Once again, surgery is only addressing the symptom, not the underlying issue which is the neurological disconnect along with the compensation pattern. If the muscles supporting the knee aren’t functioning properly and it results in an ACL tear. The surgery fixes the ACL, but you still have the addressed underlying root cause of the injury, the supporting muscles functioning improperly. Physical Therapy will not address the neurological issues. Physical Therapy will continue to reinforce the compensation pattern and continue to stress the other muscles, along with the ligaments and tendons, ultimately leading to:
- Continued irritation and inflammation
- Decreased mobility, such as tight hamstrings
- Continued or new pain in the compensating muscles and joints
- Re-aggravating the original injury or creating a new injury
- Ultimately chronic pain and another surgery
- The frustration of patients and athletes not being able to make a full recovery or comeback
The Proven Solution – ARPwave Neuro Therapy
- ARPwave stands for Accelerated Recovery & Performance Wave, and it’s a unique, patented, FDA approved DC current that causes rapid muscle contractions and works with the body’s Nervous System.
- These rapid muscle contractions (up to 500 contractions per second) bring atrophied muscles back to life (re-activation), dissolve muscular scar tissue and re-establishes correct neuro-patterns in the muscles.
- ARPwave also re-educates the muscles to work together again as a team, the way they were designed and strengthens them to avoid relapse or reinjury.
- Athletes often come back better than before the injury due to the elimination of the original underlying issue as their body is functioning much more efficiently than before.
- There is NO guesswork with ARPwave because of its unique Search and Destroy Function. ARPwave will pinpoint the Neurological Hot Spot and treat the origin of the symptom, rather than the symptom itself.
- ARPwave has a 25+ year proven track record with thousands of documented Success Stories and Testimonials. With both athletes and non-athletes, young and old, short and tall, ARPwave treats them all!
Common Injuries and Conditions Successfully Treated by ARPwave:
- Chronic Joint Pain – Feet, Ankles, Knees, Hips, Back, Neck, Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists and Hands
- Neck & Back Pain – Low Back, Mid Back, Upper Back, & Neck
- Sciatic Pain, Glute & Radiating Leg Pain
- Foot Pain – Plantar Fasciitis, Achillies Tendonitis and etc.
- Post Surgery Rapid Rehab, Muscle Re-activation & Re-education
- Car Accident Injuries -Whiplash, Herniated Discs and etc.
- Sports Injuries & Swelling – Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Shin Splints, Patellar Tendonitis and etc.
- Lack of Mobility – Frozen Shoulder, Tight Hamstrings, Stiff Neck, Tight Hip Flexors
- Bell’s Palsy, Carpal Tunnel, TMJ and more!
ARPwave For Sports Performance:
- Run Faster, Jump Higher
- Pitchers Velocity Program
- Power Lifting & Body Building
What People Are Saying about ARPwave vs Physical Therapy
“ After Hip Surgery, I tried many different treatment options including Physical Therapy, Airossti, Chiropractic Adjustments, Massage Therapy, . . . and I still wasn’t getting the results I wanted “ – – – Christian
Post-Knee Surgery Rapid Rehab
“I tried Physical Therapy, it worked very slowly, that was not good enough for me, I was told I would not be doing any of my normal routines for at least a year, that was also unacceptable to me” – – – Stephanie
Another ARPwave Success Story
“ I went from physical therapy to physical therapy to physical therapy . . . and they’re telling me it’s not working, then my surgeon sent me for ARPwave therapy and it was the greatest thing she ever did for me” – – – Mark
UTSA Soccer Player Post-Surgery
“After just a few ARPwave treatments I started to see big results, and just 3 months after surgery I am able to train while my friend is 5 months down the road of Traditional Physical Therapy and is just now starting to run” – – – Kaitlyn
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube to stay up to date on other success stories with Neuro Sports Performance and Rehab!
- Neuro Sports Performance And Rehab – Facebook
- ARPwaveSA – Facebook
- Neuro Sports Performance And Rehab – Instagram
- ARPwaveSA – Instagram
Neuro Sports Performance and Rehab is the leading sports medicine and pain management clinic in San Antonio. We offer accelerated injury recovery, pain management, post-surgery rapid rehab, and sports performance and fitness services, using the FDA approved, patented, proprietary, and proven ARPwave system.